Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote, has spoken candidly about his daughters, his legacy, and why a son was never something he felt he needed to pursue.
In an exclusive interview with Arise News, the Dangote Group founder said, "I can see my daughters eventually leading the Dangote Group; I was given that opportunity too myself. I am not forcing them to be a part of the business. They are very interested in the company; they enjoy it. I tell them not to focus on the money. Both me, my daughters and our family we are very down to earth. I bought my first aircraft at 22 years old; I bought it 4 months before turning 23, so I have seen it all. When I see people buying aircraft, and they don't have a single factory, it means they are not helping the growth of the economy."
When asked by the interviewer, "There's an expectation in Kano traditional society; there is still an expectation for a male heir to carry the name forward. Do you still hope to have a son?"
Dangote responded, "That is not my priority. For me, sometimes you can pray for God to give you a son, but that son might be the one to take down the name of the family, so sometimes, if God doesn't give you something, don't push it. I don't think a son would have done better than these 3 daughters I have."
Send your articles for publication to our email, estheroyeyemiassociates@gmail.com
Join our wattsapp channelhttps://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VakTtKp9WtCCqcWqEE2USend your articles[F1] for publication to our email, estheroyeyemiassociates@gmail.com Send your articles for publication to our email, estheroyeyemiassociates@gmail.com
Send your articles for publication to our email, estheroyeyemiassociates@gmail.com
Join our wattsapp channelhttps://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VakTtKp9WtCCqcWqEE2USend your articles[F1] for publication to our email, estheroyeyemiassociates@gmail.com Send your articles for publication to our email, estheroyeyemiassociates@gmail.com